BLACK ROCK MINING COMPLETES COMPELLING DFS FOR MAHENGE
GRAPHITE PROJECT DEMONSTRATING MAJOR GEOLOGICAL AND
- Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) completed demonstrating major geological and geographical advantages
- Highest purity flake graphite achieved from conventional flotation circuit processing;
- Lowest cost to customer given access to rail and major East African port from rail; and
- Lowest peak capital per annual tonne of product.
- DFS supported by largest pilot plant of any graphite developer of 90k tonnes that delivered 8k tonnes of
- Construction underwritten by binding off take with Heilongjiang Bohao Graphite, one of the largest
vertically integrated graphite producers in China, for 30k tonnes in year one, 50k tonnes in year two and up
to 90k tonnes in year three.
- Exceptional financial metrics supported by defendable pricing assumptions of:
- Work ongoing with Yantai Jinyuan targeting capex reduction through Chinese procurement.
- Additional offtake discussions continuing to further underwrite production profile.
- Mining licence application to be lodged over the coming weeks supported by environmental approvals
received in August 2018.
- Company to move quickly into finality of detailed engineering with a construction commencement target of
mid CY2019 and initial production in mid CY2020.
To view the full ASX announcement and detailed DFS Summary, please click here